Answer: No, cornstarch is not keto-friendly. Its high carbohydrate content makes it unsuitable for a ketogenic diet.
Cornstarch is primarily a carbohydrate, with a whopping 91.27 grams per 100 grams which is way above the daily limit for most individuals on a ketogenic diet:
- High Carb Content: The ketogenic diet recommends limiting your carb intake to around 20-50 grams per day, and a single serving of cornstarch can easily exceed that limit.
- Low Fiber Content: With only 0.9 grams of fiber, cornstarch does not offer the dietary fiber that helps to offset the net carbs in your diet.
- Negligible Protein and Fat: Keto diets revolve around high fat and moderate protein intake, and cornstarch lacks significantly in both, with only 0.05 grams of fat and 0.26 grams of protein.
- Padat Kalori: At 381 kcal per 100 grams, cornstarch is quite calorie-dense, which isn’t ideal for those trying to maintain or lose weight on a keto diet.
In conclusion, while cornstarch might be a staple in many recipes, it is not suitable for those following a ketogenic diet due to its high carbohydrate and calorie content and lack of dietary fiber, protein, and fat.
- Jumlah per hidanganKalori381
- % Nilai harian *
- Jumlah lemak
- Lemak tepu 0.01g 1%
- Kolestrol 0mg 0%
- natrium 9mg 1%
- Potasium 3mg 1%
- Jumlah karbohidrat
- Serat 0.9g 4%
- Gula 0g
- Protein 0.26g 1%
* Nilai Harian % memberitahu anda berapa banyak nutrien dalam hidangan makanan menyumbang kepada diet harian. 2,000 kalori sehari digunakan untuk nasihat pemakanan am.