Answer: Yes, almond milk is indeed keto-friendly.
It’s low in carbohydrates and high in healthy fats, making it a perfect addition to a ketogenic diet.
- Low Carbohydrate Content: Almond milk contains just 3.25g of total carbohydrates per 100g. This is crucial as the ketogenic diet requires a low intake of carbs, generally limited to 20-50g per day.
- Rich in Healthy Fats: With 1g of total fat, including a meager 0.08g of saturated fat, almond milk can be an excellent source of healthy fats. These fats are the primary energy source on a keto diet.
- Zero Cholesterol: Almond milk contains no cholesterol, making it a heart-healthy choice. This is good news for those on a keto diet, as high cholesterol can sometimes be a concern due to the high-fat content of the diet.
- Low in Calories: At a mere 22.52 kcal per 100g, almond milk is a low-calorie option, beneficial for those looking to maintain or lose weight on a keto diet.
- Negligible Sugar Content: With only 2.9g of sugar per 100g, almond milk is a low-sugar beverage. This is vital for keto dieters, as sugar is a form of carbohydrate that needs to be substantially reduced on this diet.
In conclusion, almond milk can be a beneficial component of a ketogenic diet due to its low carbohydrate and sugar content, as well as its richness in healthy fats.
- Amount Per ServingCalories22.52
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.08g 1%
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 3.86mg 1%
- Potassium 14.79mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.25g 1%
- Sugars 2.9g
- Protein 0.43g 1%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.