Answer: Yes, chia seeds are keto-friendly. Despite their carbohydrate content, their high fiber content makes them a beneficial part of a keto diet.
Chia seeds are a powerhouse of nutrients that can enhance a ketogenic diet:
- High in Fiber: Chia seeds contain 34.4g of dietary fiber per 100g. This high fiber content reduces the net carbohydrate content, making them perfect for a keto diet.
- Rich in Healthy Fats: With 30.74g of total fat, including 3.33g of saturated fat, chia seeds provide the healthy fats needed for energy in a keto diet.
- Protein Source: Offering 16.54g of protein per 100g, chia seeds are a great source of protein, which is essential for tissue repair and muscle growth in a keto diet.
- Zero Cholesterol and Sugar: Chia seeds contain 0mg of cholesterol and are sugar-free, making them a heart-healthy choice for a keto diet.
- Packed with Potassium: The 407 mg of potassium in chia seeds help in balancing electrolytes, which is crucial while following a ketogenic diet.
Incorporating chia seeds in your ketogenic diet can not only help you meet your macro goals but also enhance your overall health with their nutrient-rich profile.
- Amount Per ServingCalories486
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 3.33g 17%
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 16mg 1%
- Potassium 407mg 12%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 34.4g 138%
- Protein 16.54g 34%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.