Answer: Yes, enoki mushrooms are keto-friendly. Despite their carbohydrate content, they can be included in a ketogenic diet due to their high fiber content.
Enoki mushrooms, a popular ingredient in Malaysian cuisine, can be a great addition to a keto diet for several reasons:
- Low in Calories: With only 37 calories per 100g, enoki mushrooms are a low-calorie food that can help you maintain your daily caloric intake while on a keto diet.
- High in Fiber: With a dietary fiber content of 2.7g per 100g, these mushrooms can help keep you feeling full and satisfied between meals, aiding in weight loss.
- Minimal Fats and Sugars: Enoki mushrooms contain minimal amounts of fat and sugars (0.29g and 0.22g respectively), making them a great choice for those on a ketogenic diet where the goal is to minimize carbohydrate and sugar intake.
- Rich in Protein: With 2.66g of protein per 100g, these mushrooms can help meet your daily protein requirements on a keto diet.
- Packed with Potassium: Enoki mushrooms are also a good source of potassium (359mg per 100g), an essential mineral that can sometimes be hard to get enough of on a keto diet.
- Amount Per ServingCalories37
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.02g 1%
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 3mg 1%
- Potassium 359mg 11%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2.7g 11%
- Sugars 0.22g
- Protein 2.66g 6%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.