Answer: Yes, fresh cream is indeed keto-friendly. Containing a high amount of fats and minimal carbohydrates, it can definitely be included in a keto diet.
Fresh cream, with its rich and creamy texture, can be a valuable addition to many keto-friendly recipes.
- High in Fat: Fresh cream boasts a whopping 36.08g of total fat per 100g, making it an excellent source of fats, which are a key component of the keto diet.
- Low in Carbohydrates: With just 2.74g of total carbohydrates per 100g, fresh cream is a low-carb food, aligning well with the keto diet that restricts carbohydrate intake.
- Saturated Fats: Fresh cream contains 23.03g of saturated fat per 100g. While saturated fats have been controversial, they can be included in a balanced keto diet.
- Low in Sugar: Fresh cream contains just 2.92g of sugars per 100g. This low sugar content is beneficial for maintaining stable blood sugar levels, a key aspect of the keto diet.
- Protein Content: Fresh cream also contains 2.84g of protein per 100g. While the keto diet is not high in protein, this nutrient plays a crucial role in our body and should not be overlooked.
In conclusion, fresh cream can be a keto-friendly addition to your diet, offering a delightful way to increase your fat intake while keeping carbs low. However, like with all foods, it should be consumed in moderation.
- Amount Per ServingCalories340
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 23.03g 116%
- Cholesterol 113mg 38%
- Sodium 27mg 2%
- Potassium 95mg 3%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
- Sugars 2.92g
- Protein 2.84g 6%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.