Answer: Yes, ham lunch meat is keto friendly. With its low carbohydrate content and high protein value, it aligns well with the dietary requirements of a keto diet.
Ham lunch meat’s nutritional profile is suitable for those following a keto diet for a couple of key reasons:
- Low carbohydrate content: With only 0.55 g of total carbohydrates per 100g, ham lunch meat is an excellent low-carb option for those on a keto diet.
- High protein content: Containing 16.9 g of protein per 100g, ham lunch meat can help meet the moderate protein requirements of a keto diet.
- Moderate fat content: While the keto diet does encourage a high-fat intake, the 3.4 g of fat in 100g of ham lunch meat can still contribute towards this.
- Sodium and Potassium: The high sodium and potassium content in ham lunch meat can help replenish these important electrolytes, which can sometimes be depleted on a keto diet.
While ham lunch meat is keto-friendly, it’s always important to be mindful of portions and overall daily nutrient intake to ensure a balanced and healthy diet.
- Amount Per ServingCalories100
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.66g 4%
- Cholesterol 41mg 14%
- Sodium 1279mg 54%
- Potassium 490mg 15%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
- Sugars 0g
- Protein 16.9g 34%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.