Answer: Yes, mozzarella is keto-friendly. It is packed with high amounts of fats and proteins, which are essential for a keto diet, and has minimal carbs.
Despite its creamy and delicious taste, mozzarella is a great cheese choice for those following the ketogenic diet:
- High in Fat: With 22.35g of total fat and 13.15g of saturated fats per 100g, mozzarella is a rich source of fats, which are the main source of energy on a keto diet.
- Low in Carbs: Mozzarella contains only 2.19g of carbohydrates per 100g, making it an ideal choice for keto dieters who need to keep their carb intake low.
- Good Source of Protein: Mozzarella offers 22.17g of protein per 100g, helping to keep you feeling full and satisfied.
- Minimal Sugar: With only 1.03g of sugar per 100g, mozzarella won’t spike your blood sugar levels, which is crucial for maintaining nutritional ketosis.
- Rich in Nutrients: Apart from being keto-friendly, mozzarella is also a good source of essential nutrients like calcium and vitamin B12.
So, feel free to add a serving of mozzarella to your meals while on a keto diet. It’s not just about being keto-friendly, but also about providing an array of nutrients in a delicious way.
- Amount Per ServingCalories300
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 13.15g 66%
- Cholesterol 79mg 27%
- Sodium 627mg 27%
- Potassium 76mg 3%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
- Sugars 1.03g
- Protein 22.17g 45%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.