Answer: Yes, pepperoni is indeed keto-friendly. It is an excellent choice for those following a ketogenic diet due to its high-fat and low-carb content.
Pepperoni is a popular meat product often used in pizzas and sandwiches, but it can also be a tasty snack for those on a keto diet. Here are some key points to consider:
- High in fats: With 46.28g of total fat per 100g, pepperoni is a high-fat food, which is perfect for the keto diet that requires a high intake of fats.
- Low in carbohydrates: Pepperoni has just 1.18g of total carbs per 100g, making it a low-carb food suitable for a ketogenic diet.
- Good source of protein: Offering 19.25g of protein per 100g, pepperoni can help you meet the moderate protein requirement on a keto diet.
- Beware of Sodium: Despite its keto-friendly profile, pepperoni is high in sodium (1582mg per 100g), so it’s important to monitor your intake to avoid excessive sodium consumption.
- Zero Sugars: Pepperoni contains no sugars, which is excellent for maintaining the state of ketosis necessary for a keto diet.
In conclusion, while pepperoni fits well within the nutritional boundaries of a ketogenic diet, remember to consume it in moderation due to its high sodium content.
- Amount Per ServingCalories504
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 17.71g 89%
- Cholesterol 97mg 33%
- Sodium 1582mg 66%
- Potassium 274mg 8%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
- Sugars 0g
- Protein 19.25g 39%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.