Answer: Yes, pumpkin seeds are keto-friendly. Despite their carbohydrate content, the high fiber and fat levels make them suitable for a ketogenic diet.
Pumpkin seeds, also known as pepitas, can be a great addition to your keto diet:
- High in healthy fats: With a total fat content of 49.05 grams per 100 grams, pumpkin seeds can help fulfill your daily fat needs, an essential part of maintaining ketosis.
- Moderate in carbohydrates: Pumpkin seeds contain 14.71 grams of total carbohydrates per 100 grams. However, they also have a high fiber content of 6.5 grams, which reduces the net carbs making them keto-friendly.
- Rich in protein: Offering 29.84 grams of protein per 100 grams, pumpkin seeds are a good source of plant-based protein, maintaining muscle mass while on a keto diet.
- Zero cholesterol and low sugar: These seeds contain no cholesterol and have a low sugar content of 1.29 grams per 100 grams, making them a healthy choice for those on a keto diet.
Remember, while pumpkin seeds are keto-friendly, they should still be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. Happy keto-ing!
- Amount Per ServingCalories574
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 8.54g 43%
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 256mg 11%
- Potassium 788mg 23%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 6.5g 26%
- Sugars 1.29g
- Protein 29.84g 60%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.