Answer: Yes, rockmelon can fit into a keto diet in moderation. However, due to its carbohydrate content, portion control is key.
Rockmelon, also known as cantaloupe, has a slightly high carbohydrate content which needs to be carefully managed in a ketogenic diet:
- Carbohydrate Content: Rockmelon contains 8.16g of carbohydrates per 100g. This is a moderate amount and can fit into a keto diet if consumed in controlled quantities.
- Sugar Levels: The fruit is also high in sugars (7.86g per 100g), making it a sweet treat that should be consumed sparingly on a low-carb diet.
- Fiber and Net Carbs: There is 0.9g of dietary fiber in rockmelon. When subtracting this fiber from the total carbs, the net carb count is a bit lower, which is a more relevant figure for those on a keto diet.
- Nutrient-Dense: Despite the sugar and carb content, rockmelon is packed with beneficial nutrients like potassium and is relatively low in calories, with just 34 kcal per 100g.
- Portion Control: As always, portion control is key. A small serving of rockmelon can be a refreshing, nutritious addition to a balanced keto diet.
In conclusion, while rockmelon can be enjoyed on a keto diet, it should be consumed in moderation due to its carbohydrate and sugar content. Always be mindful of your daily carb limit and adjust your intake accordingly.
- Amount Per ServingCalories34
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.05g 1%
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 16mg 1%
- Potassium 267mg 8%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.9g 4%
- Sugars 7.86g
- Protein 0.84g 2%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.