Answer: Yes, unsalted butter is indeed Keto-friendly. It is a high-fat, low-carb food that fits perfectly within the macros of a ketogenic diet.
Unsalted butter is exceptionally useful in a Keto regimen for the following reasons:
- High Fat Content: With a total fat content of 81.11g per 100g, unsalted butter is a rich source of fats, which are the primary fuel source on a ketogenic diet.
- Low Carbohydrate: The carb content is practically negligible at only 0.06g per 100g, making it an excellent choice for those aiming to keep their carb intake to a minimum.
- Zero Sugars: Unsalted butter has zero sugars, which is crucial as Keto diet strictly limits sugar intake to maintain a state of ketosis, where the body burns fat for energy.
- Saturated Fats: It provides plenty of healthy saturated fats (50.49g per 100g), which can aid in maintaining ketosis and providing satiety.
Remember, while unsalted butter is keto-friendly, it’s important to use it in moderation due to its high-calorie content. Incorporate it into your meals mindfully to benefit from its nutrition without going over your daily calorie limit.
- Amount Per ServingCalories717
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 50.49g 253%
- Cholesterol 215mg 72%
- Sodium 11mg 1%
- Potassium 24mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
- Sugars 0.06g
- Protein 0.85g 2%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.