Keto Almond Bread
Hey there, bread lovers! This delightful, low-carb almond bread recipe makes a bread that is not only light and soft but also keto-friendly. Don’t worry, it’s super easy and I promise you’re going to love every crumb of this delicious masterpiece!
- For the Batter
240g cups Almond Flour
4 tsp Baking Powder
1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (optional)
80 ml Coconut Oil
1/2 tsp Salt
6 large Egg Whites
- For the Meringue
6 large Egg Whites (215 g)
1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar (optional)
- Preheat the oven at 350F or 180C.
- In a bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt and mix until well combined.
- Add the apple cider vinegar (if using), coconut oil, egg whites and mix until a thick batter is formed. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, make the meringue. Add the egg whites and beat with a handheld mixer at high speed until stiff peaks. It only takes about 1 minute.
- Fold the meringue into the batter. Add 1/3 first and fold gently to combine. Do not mix. The fold method is like scooping up the batter from the bottom. If you simply mix the meringue into the batter, it will affect the rise. Then add another 1/3 of the meringue and fold to combine. Lastly, add the balance of the meringue and fold to combine. The batter is thick and smooth.
- Pour the batter into an 8 x 4.5 x 4.5-inch loaf pan lined with parchment paper. With a higher pan, the bread will look taller. You can use a standard 8 x 4-inch loaf pan except that the height of the bread will be shorter, and the top will bloom sideways so it will end up looking like a bloomed flower or a mushroom top.
- Bake at the lowest rack for 50 minutes or until cooked.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
- The bread is a little cake-like and crumbly but still firm. It is light and soft. You can eat it on its own, top with your favorite spread or make sandwiches. When toasted, the crust is crispy and the crumb is tender.