Keto Hainanese Chicken Rice
The classic Hainanese Chicken Rice adapted for keto enthusiasts. This dish pairs tender boiled chicken with aromatic cauliflower rice, all elevated by a tangy coconut amino dipping sauce. Add fresh cucumber slices for a refreshing contrast.
Original Recipe: https://www.ketovale.com/hainanese-chicken-rice/
1kg whole chicken, giblets removed
10 g fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into 5 mm slices
4 green onions
4 tbsp sea salt
2-3 tbsp sesame oil
2.8-3.3 liters water
- For cauliflower rice
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 cups cauliflower rice
60 ml chicken broth
1 tsp ginger, grated
2 cloves garlic, minced
Sea salt to taste
- For dipping sauce
2 tbsp coconut aminos
2 tbsp chicken broth
½ tsp ginger, grated
½ tsp garlic, minced
- For serving (optional)
cucumber, sliced (optional)
- Rub the chicken with salt until thoroughly clean. Rinse well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season chicken with salt and place sliced ginger and green onion inside.
- Transfer the chicken into a pot, pour the water in, season with salt, and bring to a boil. When the water just starts to boil, reduce the heat to low, cover with a lid, and cook for 35 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and place it in ice cold water for 5 minutes. Discard green onion and ginger.
- When the chicken is cooled completely, pat it dry with paper towels and rub with sesame oil.
- In a pan, heat sesame oil over medium heat, add ginger and garlic, and cook for 30 seconds. Add riced cauliflower and chicken broth, season with salt, and cook until rice softens, approximately 7-8 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine coconut aminos, chicken broth, ginger, and garlic. Mix well.
- Cut the chicken nicely with skin on. On a serving plate, arrange cauliflower rice, sliced chicken, and dipping sauce. Serve with cucumber slices (optional).