Answer: Yes, bamboo shoots are keto-friendly. They have a low net carb count and are high in dietary fiber, which makes them suitable for a ketogenic diet.
Bamboo shoots, a popular ingredient in many Malaysian dishes, can be a great addition to your ketogenic diet plan:
- Low in carbohydrates: With only 3.22 g of total carbohydrates per 100g serving, bamboo shoots are a low-carb option. This is particularly important on a keto diet where your daily carb intake should be restricted.
- High in dietary fiber: Bamboo shoots contain 1.4 g of dietary fiber per 100g serving. Dietary fiber is essential on a keto diet as it can help reduce the net carbs consumed.
- Minimal sugars: Bamboo shoots contain a minimal amount of sugars, only 1.89 g per 100g serving, making them an excellent choice to avoid spikes in blood sugar levels.
- Negligible fat content: The total fat content in bamboo shoots is just 0.4 g per 100g serving, which may seem contradictory in a high-fat keto diet. However, this allows you more control over your fat sources and types.
Including bamboo shoots in your keto diet is a delicious and nutritious way to diversify your meals while staying within your carb limits.
- Amount Per ServingCalories19
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.09g 1%
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 7mg 1%
- Potassium 80mg 3%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 6%
- Sugars 1.89g
- Protein 1.72g 4%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.