Answer: Yes, bitter gourd is keto-friendly. This low-calorie vegetable is a good option for those following a ketogenic diet.
Bitter gourd, also known as bitter melon, is a great addition to your keto diet because it has a low carbohydrate content.
- Low in carbs: With only 4.32 g of total carbohydrates per 100g, bitter gourd is a safe choice for those limiting their carb intake.
- High in fiber: Bitter gourd contains 2g of dietary fiber per 100g. Dietary fiber is essential for healthy digestion, and it can help you feel full without adding to your net carb count.
- Low in calories: At just 19 kcal per 100g, bitter gourd is a low-calorie food that fits well into a calorie-restricted ketogenic diet.
- Nutrient-rich: Aside from being low in carbs and calories, bitter gourd is also a source of potassium, a mineral that many people don’t get enough of.
- Versatile in cooking: Bitter gourd can be used in a variety of dishes, making it an easy addition to your keto meal plan.
In conclusion, bitter gourd is not only keto-friendly, but it also offers a range of nutritional benefits that make it a healthy choice for any diet.
- Amount Per ServingCalories19
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.01g 1%
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 6mg 1%
- Potassium 319mg 10%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
- Sugars 1.95g
- Protein 0.84g 2%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.