Answer: Yes, cheddar is indeed Keto-friendly. Its high-fat, moderate-protein, and low-carb content make it suitable for a ketogenic diet.
Cheddar cheese is a great option for those on a ketogenic diet:
- High in Fat: Cheddar cheese contains 33.31g of fat per 100g, which aligns with the high-fat requirement of a keto diet.
- Moderate Protein: It also provides a moderate amount of protein, 22.87g per 100g, to help maintain your muscle mass while in ketosis.
- Low Carbohydrate: Importantly, cheddar cheese only has 3.09g of total carbohydrates per 100g, making it an excellent low-carb option.
- Zero Sugar: With only 0.48g of sugar per 100g, cheddar cheese won’t spike your blood sugar levels, an essential factor for maintaining ketosis.
- Rich in Nutrients: Aside from being keto-friendly, cheddar cheese is also a good source of essential nutrients like calcium and vitamin A.
So, incorporate cheddar cheese into your keto meal plan without guilt, but keep in mind to consume it in moderation due to its high sodium content.
- Amount Per ServingCalories404
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 18.87g 95%
- Cholesterol 99mg 33%
- Sodium 653mg 28%
- Potassium 76mg 3%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
- Sugars 0.48g
- Protein 22.87g 46%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.