Answer: Yes, Chinese cabbage is indeed Keto-friendly. With only 2.18g of total carbohydrates per 100g, it fits well within the low-carb requirement of a Keto diet.
Continuing on this, let’s delve deeper into the nutritional aspects of Chinese cabbage:
- Low in Carbohydrates: With just 2.18g of total carbs per 100g serving, Chinese cabbage is a great choice for those following a Keto diet. Remember, a Keto diet typically restricts daily carb intake to 20-50g to encourage the body to burn fat for energy.
- Rich in Dietary Fiber: Chinese cabbage contains 1g of dietary fiber per 100g. The fiber content is beneficial as it aids in digestion and can help you feel full, reducing the risk of overeating.
- Low in Calories and Fats: At only 13 kcal and 0.2g of total fat per 100g, Chinese cabbage is an excellent low-calorie and low-fat choice for those on a Keto diet. You can consume a large portion without worrying about exceeding your daily caloric or fat intake.
- Contains Essential Nutrients: Chinese cabbage is not only low in carbs but also a good source of essential nutrients like potassium. Consuming 100g of Chinese cabbage provides you with 252mg of potassium, which supports heart and muscle function.
The nutritional profile of Chinese cabbage makes it an excellent addition to your Keto diet. It’s not just about cutting carbs, but also about incorporating nutritious and wholesome foods!
- Amount Per ServingCalories13
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.03g 1%
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 65mg 3%
- Potassium 252mg 8%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Sugars 1.18g
- Protein 1.5g 3%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.