Answer: Yes, coconut milk is definitely Keto-friendly. Its low carbohydrate and high-fat content make it a perfect addition to a Keto diet.
In the context of a Keto diet, where the majority of calories come from healthy fats and proteins while minimizing carb intake, coconut milk stands as an ideal choice:
- Low in Carbohydrates: With only 0.27 grams of carbohydrates per 100g, coconut milk can easily fit into the daily carb limit of a typical Keto diet.
- High in Healthy Fats: Coconut milk contains 2.05 grams of fat per 100g, predominantly saturated fats, which can help provide the energy required on a keto diet.
- Zero Sugar: The absence of sugars makes coconut milk a guilt-free addition to your Keto menu, as sugars can quickly add up to your daily carb limit.
- Nutrient Dense: Despite being low in carbs, coconut milk provides essential nutrients like potassium, which is necessary for maintaining nerve and muscle health.
- Versatility in Keto Recipes: Its creamy texture and mild taste make coconut milk a versatile ingredient in a variety of Keto-friendly dishes, from curries to smoothies.
In summary, coconut milk is not only Keto-friendly but also a nutritional powerhouse, offering a wide range of health benefits while helping you stay within your carb limit.
- Amount Per ServingCalories18.89
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1.81g 10%
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 4.86mg 1%
- Potassium 21.09mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
- Sugars 0g
- Protein 0.19g 1%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.