Answer: Yes, cucumbers are keto-friendly. Their low carbohydrate content makes them a perfect addition to a keto diet.
Cucumbers, a popular vegetable in Malaysian cuisine, can be a great ally in your keto journey:
- Low in Calories: With only 15 kcal per 100g, cucumbers are an excellent choice for those who are conscious about their calorie intake.
- Minimal Carbohydrates: Cucumbers contain only 3.63g of total carbohydrates per 100g, making them ideal for a keto diet which limits carb intake.
- High in Potassium: With 147mg of potassium per 100g, cucumbers can help maintain electrolyte balance, which is crucial when following a keto diet.
- Rich in fiber: Cucumbers contain 0.5g of dietary fiber per 100g, helping to promote a feeling of fullness and aiding in digestion.
- Zero Cholesterol: Since cucumbers contain no cholesterol, they are a heart-healthy choice for those following a keto diet.
In conclusion, due to their low carbohydrate content and high nutritional value, cucumbers are an excellent choice for anyone following a keto diet.
- Amount Per ServingCalories15
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.04g 1%
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 2mg 1%
- Potassium 147mg 5%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2%
- Sugars 1.67g
- Protein 0.65g 2%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.