Answer: Yes, deli ham is keto-friendly. With its low carbohydrate content and high protein value, it aligns well with the nutritional requirements of a ketogenic diet.
Deli ham can indeed be a good choice for those following a keto diet due to its macro nutritional composition:
- Low Carbohydrate Content: Deli ham only contains 0.55g of total carbohydrates per 100g, which makes it an excellent choice for a keto diet where carb intake needs to remain very low.
- High Protein: With 16.9g of protein per 100g, deli ham not only helps to meet your daily protein requirements but also aids in muscle repair and growth.
- Moderate Fat: While the fat content might seem low at 3.4g per 100g, remember that deli ham can be paired with other high-fat, low-carb foods to achieve the correct macronutrient balance for keto.
- Zero Sugar: Deli ham contains no sugars, which is beneficial as sugars are a form of simple carbohydrates and can quickly add up on a keto diet.
- Note on Sodium: The sodium content in deli ham is quite high (1279mg per 100g), and while salt is not a concern on keto, it’s still important to monitor your intake for overall health.
In conclusion, deli ham can be a part of your keto diet. Just remember to balance it out with other sources of healthy fats and always watch your portion sizes to avoid excessive sodium intake.
- Amount Per ServingCalories100
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.66g 4%
- Cholesterol 41mg 14%
- Sodium 1279mg 54%
- Potassium 490mg 15%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
- Sugars 0g
- Protein 16.9g 34%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.