Answer: Unfortunately, Doritos are not a keto-friendly snack. The high carbohydrate content in Doritos makes it unsuitable for a keto diet.
This is primarily due to the high total carbohydrate content that significantly exceeds the daily carb limit for a ketogenic diet:
- High Carbohydrate Content: Doritos contain 60.81g of carbohydrates per 100g, which is way beyond the typical daily carb limit of 20-50g on a keto diet.
- Low Fiber Content: Although Doritos have some dietary fiber (5.1g), it is insufficient to offset the high total carbohydrate content.
- Low Fat and Protein: The keto diet emphasizes high fat and moderate protein intake. Doritos, while having a decent fat content of 27.42g, lack in protein, providing only 7.36g per 100g.
- Presence of Sugars: Doritos contain 2.59g of sugars which can interfere with ketosis, a metabolic state crucial for a keto diet.
- Overall Nutritional Profile: Considering the overall nutritional profile, Doritos lack the necessary nutrients to meet the requirements of a balanced ketogenic diet.
Therefore, if you are following a keto diet, it would be best to avoid Doritos and instead opt for lower-carb, higher-fat and moderate-protein snack options to stay within your macro goals.
- Amount Per ServingCalories519
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 3.88g 20%
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 691mg 29%
- Potassium 223mg 7%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 5.1g 21%
- Sugars 2.59g
- Protein 7.36g 15%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.