Answer: Yes, double cream is Keto-friendly. With only 2.74g of total carbohydrates per 100g serving, it fits well within the low-carb requirements of a ketogenic diet.
As a staple in many Malaysian dishes, double cream can easily be incorporated into your keto lifestyle:
- High in Fat: Double cream contains a whopping 36.08g of total fat per 100g serving, making it a perfect source of healthy fats that are essential in a keto diet.
- Low in Carbs: Although double cream has a small amount of carbohydrates (2.74g per 100g), it is still low enough to be included in a keto diet without risk of exceeding your daily carb limit.
- Rich in Nutrients: Besides being high in fats and low in carbs, double cream is also a good source of protein and potassium, which are important for maintaining muscle mass and electrolyte balance respectively.
- Versatile in Cooking: Whether you’re making a spicy laksa or a creamy butter chicken, double cream can add a rich and satisfying depth to many local dishes without compromising your keto goals.
- Satisfying and Filling: Due to its high fat content, double cream can help keep you feeling full and satisfied, reducing the likelihood of overeating or snacking between meals.
- Amount Per ServingCalories340
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 23.03g 116%
- Cholesterol 113mg 38%
- Sodium 27mg 2%
- Potassium 95mg 3%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
- Sugars 2.92g
- Protein 2.84g 6%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.