Answer: Yes, gelatine is keto-friendly. With zero carbohydrates and high protein content, it’s an excellent addition to a ketogenic diet.
Gelatine, derived from collagen, is a versatile ingredient that can play a supportive role in your keto journey:
- Zero carbohydrates: Gelatine contains zero total carbohydrates and sugars, making it ideal for a keto diet which aims to minimize carbs.
- High in protein: With a whopping 85.6g of protein per 100g, gelatine can help meet your daily protein needs on a keto diet.
- Low in fat: Although keto diets are high in fat, it’s still important to watch your overall fat intake. Gelatine is almost fat-free, with just 0.1g of total fat per 100g.
- Sodium content: Gelatine does contain sodium (196mg per 100g), so it’s essential to factor this in when planning your daily intake.
- Versatility: From making keto-friendly jellies to enriching broths, gelatine’s versatility makes it a handy ingredient in the keto kitchen.
- Amount Per ServingCalories335
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.07g 1%
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 196mg 9%
- Potassium 16mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
- Sugars 0g
- Protein 85.6g 172%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.