Answer: Yes, mustard is Keto-friendly. With its low carbohydrate content, it fits well within the parameters of a ketogenic diet.
Mustard is a condiment that can be used without worrying about disrupting your ketosis state:
- Low in Carbohydrates: With only 5.83 g of total carbohydrates per 100g, mustard is a low-carb option that can be included in a Keto diet.
- Rich in Dietary Fiber: Mustard contains 4 g of dietary fiber per 100g, which can aid in digestion and make you feel fuller, assisting in weight loss efforts.
- Minimal Sugars: Mustard has a surprisingly low sugar content, only 0.92 g per 100g, which makes it a great choice for those following a Keto diet.
- Contains Healthy Fats: Mustard contains 3.34 g of total fat per 100g, including healthy unsaturated fats, which are an important part of a Keto diet.
- Protein Source: Mustard also provides 3.74 g of protein per 100g, adding to its nutritional value for those on a Keto diet.
- Amount Per ServingCalories60
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.21g 2%
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 1104mg 46%
- Potassium 152mg 5%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
- Sugars 0.92g
- Protein 3.74g 8%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.