Answer: Yes, mutton is indeed keto-friendly. Its nutritional profile aligns well with the requirements of a ketogenic diet.
Mutton is an excellent choice for those following a keto diet due to its high fat and protein content and zero carbohydrates:
- High in Fat: With a total fat content of 20.94g per 100g, mutton fits well into a keto diet which encourages high fat intake for energy.
- Rich in Protein: Mutton provides 24.52g of protein per 100g, making it a good source of essential amino acids necessary for bodily functions.
- Zero Carbs: The absence of carbohydrates in mutton is perfect for a ketogenic diet, which focuses on minimal carb intake.
- Saturated Fat Content: The saturated fat in mutton, measuring at 8.83g per 100g, can contribute to the high-fat requirement of a keto diet.
- Nutrient Dense: Besides being high in fat and protein, mutton also provides essential nutrients like potassium and is low in sodium, making it a nutritious choice for a keto diet.
Remember, while mutton is keto-friendly, it should be consumed as part of a balanced diet along with a variety of other nutrient-dense foods. The key to a successful ketogenic diet is maintaining a balance of nutrients while keeping carbohydrate intake low.
- Amount Per ServingCalories294
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 8.83g 45%
- Cholesterol 97mg 33%
- Sodium 72mg 3%
- Potassium 310mg 9%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
- Sugars 0g
- Protein 24.52g 50%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.