Answer: Yes, pork is indeed keto-friendly. The high fat and protein content, coupled with zero carbohydrates, makes it a great choice for those on a keto diet.
Pork’s nutritional profile aligns well with the keto diet’s requirements:
- High in Fat: With 13.89g of fat per 100g, pork is a great source of fats, a crucial component of the keto diet.
- Rich in Protein: Pork contains 26.36g of protein per 100g, helping to keep you full and satisfied whilst on a keto diet.
- Zero Carbs: The lack of carbohydrates in pork fits perfectly into the keto diet, which restricts carb intake to maintain a state of ketosis.
- Contains Essential Nutrients: Aside from being high in fats and proteins, pork also provides other essential nutrients like potassium.
Remember, while pork is keto-friendly, like with any food, it should be consumed in moderation and as part of a balanced diet.
- Amount Per ServingCalories238
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 4.89g 25%
- Cholesterol 88mg 30%
- Sodium 57mg 3%
- Potassium 341mg 10%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
- Sugars 0g
- Protein 26.36g 53%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.