Answer: Yes, turkey slices are keto-friendly. They contain zero carbohydrates, making them suitable for a keto diet.
Turkey slices are an excellent choice for those following a ketogenic meal plan:
- High in Protein: Turkey slices contain a whopping 27.1g of protein per 100g, supporting muscle growth and repair.
- Zero Carbohydrates: With no carbs present, turkey slices are an ideal keto food as they won’t contribute to your daily carb limit.
- Moderate Fat Content: The total fat content is 11.6g per 100g, including 2.97g of saturated fat, providing the necessary fats for your body to produce ketones.
- Low in Sodium: With only 90mg of sodium per 100g, turkey slices are a healthier choice compared to many processed meats, reducing the risk of high blood pressure.
- Provides Essential Minerals: Turkey slices are not just about protein and fat. They also offer potassium (304mg per 100g), important for maintaining electrolyte balance, especially for those on a keto diet.
In conclusion, turkey slices are a fantastic, keto-friendly option that can be included in a variety of meals, offering ample nutrients while fitting perfectly into your daily macros.
- Amount Per ServingCalories213
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 2.97g 15%
- Cholesterol 104mg 35%
- Sodium 90mg 4%
- Potassium 304mg 9%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
- Sugars 0g
- Protein 27.1g 55%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.