Answer: Yes, yellow mustard is keto-friendly. Its low carbohydrate content makes it a suitable condiment for those following a ketogenic diet.
Yellow mustard, despite its bold flavor, has a surprisingly low impact on your daily carbohydrate intake:
- Low Carbohydrate Content: With only 5.83g of total carbohydrates per 100g, yellow mustard won’t significantly affect your daily carb limit on a ketogenic diet.
- High in Dietary Fiber: Containing 4g of dietary fiber per 100g, yellow mustard aids in digestion and can help you feel full, supporting weight loss efforts on a keto diet.
- Negligible Sugars: The sugar content in yellow mustard is minimal (0.92g per 100g), making it an excellent choice for those who are monitoring their sugar intake.
- Healthy Fats: Yellow mustard contains 3.34g of total fat, including healthy unsaturated fats, which are an essential part of a keto diet.
- Added Nutrition: Besides being keto-friendly, yellow mustard also provides some protein (3.74g per 100g) and potassium (152mg per 100g), contributing to your overall nutrient intake.
In conclusion, yellow mustard can be a tasty and keto-friendly addition to your meals, enhancing flavor while keeping you within your dietary goals.
- Amount Per ServingCalories60
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.21g 2%
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 1104mg 46%
- Potassium 152mg 5%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
- Sugars 0.92g
- Protein 3.74g 8%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.