Keto Satay Ayam Kuah Kacang
The Keto Chicken Satay with Kuah Kacang is a low-carb adaptation of a classic Malay dish. It features marinated chicken skewers paired with a creamy peanut sauce and is served alongside compressed rice. This recipe caters to those on a keto diet while preserving the traditional flavours of the cuisine.
Original Recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZaPZJmI8AI
- Peanut Sauce
2 tablespoons of cooking oil/coconut oil
3 tablespoons of anchovies
1 clove of garlic
1 tablespoon of chili paste
4 tablespoons of Peanut Butter
Water as needed
Stevia Drops (start with a couple of drops, then taste and add more if needed)
Salt to taste
- Chicken Marinade
2kg of chicken meat, diced
4 large onions
1 bulb of garlic
4 stalks of lemongrass, thinly sliced
5 inches of ginger
2 tablespoons of fennel seeds
1 tablespoon of salt
100gm of Erythitol
Satay skewers as needed
Oil for grilling
- Nasi Impit
50gm of cabbage
200ml of boxed coconut milk
1 cup of water
1 packet of Agar-agar powder
- Peanut Sauce:
- Sauté anchovies, shallots, and garlic with cooking or coconut oil until fragrant.
- Add chili paste and continue sautéing until the oil separates.
- Add Peanut Butter and enough water. Stir well.
- Season with Stevia Drops and salt. Taste and adjust if necessary.
- Chicken Marinade:
- Blend large onions, garlic, lemongrass, ginger, fennel seeds, and turmeric powder with a little water until smooth.
- Mix the diced chicken with the blended ingredients.
- Add salt and Erythitol. Mix well.
- Let the chicken marinate overnight.
- Skewer the chicken onto satay sticks and grill with oil until cooked.
- Nasi Impit:
- Boil cabbage with boxed coconut milk and water.
- Add Agar-agar powder and stir until well combined.
- Pour into molds and let cool until it solidifies.