Salted Egg Prawn Zoodles
This keto-friendly Salted Egg Prawn Zoodles recipe pairs the creamy richness of salted egg sauce with the lightness of zucchini noodles and the succulent texture of prawns. Ideal for those on a keto diet or anyone seeking a healthier yet flavourful alternative.
Credits to asianketo.net for this amazing recipe. Check out 25 more delicious low-carb Malaysia keto recipes like this.
- For the Zoodles
1 large green zucchini, spiralized into zoodles
- For the Prawns
6 medium-sized prawns (cleaned and deveined)
2 tbsp almond flour
½ cup coconut oil (for deep frying)
- For the Sauce
2 tbsp butter
1-2 sprigs of dry curry leaves
3 tbsp thickened cream
2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
2 hard-boiled salted egg yolks
1 tbsp keto sweetener
2 red chili padi or 1 tsp of chili flakes
Black pepper and white pepper to taste
A Lemon wedge and coriander for garnish (optional)
- Preparing the Zoodles
- Use a vegetable spiralizer or peeler to spiralize the zucchini into noodle ribbons.
- Sprinkle with salt and set aside to drain.
- Massage zucchini gently to drain liquid.
- Preparing the Salted Egg Yolk Paste
- Mix salted egg yolks with 2 tablespoons of thickened cream and 1 tablespoon of sweetener.
- Add a tablespoon of water if the paste is too thick.
- Set aside.
- Preparing the Prawns
- Devein the prawns and season with salt and white pepper.
- Beat one egg to be used as batter.
- Heat coconut oil in a small pan.
- Dip the prawns in the egg batter and roll to coat with almond flour.
- Deep fry prawns for around 1 – 2 minutes or until they are half cooked.
- Remove the prawns and put on paper towel to drain oil.
- Set aside.
- Making the Sauce
- Heat butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and curry leaves.
- When the garlic starts to turn brown, add the salted egg yolk paste and chopped chili padi.
- Let it sizzle for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the pre-cooked prawns and toss well.
- Taste, add salt and black pepper, and transfer the prawns to a serving dish.
- Combining Everything
- Off the heat, in the same pan, add the zucchini noodles.
- Toss the zucchini noodles for 1 – 2 minutes until they are well combined with the remaining egg yolk sauce.
- The zucchini should be soft but not soggy.