Low Carb Ramen Recipe
This Low Carb Ramen recipe uses Konjac Noodles and is a non-spicy version perfect for a weekend dinner. The use of kombu and bonito flakes adds a rich umami taste to the broth. The recipe serves about 7 bowls, making it a great option for family meals.
Original recipe by lowcarbrecipeideas
- For the Broth
1.5 litre chicken stock
1.5 litre water
1.2 kg pork belly
30g kombu (kelp)
80g bonito flakes
6 to 8 tbsp miso
4 tbsp minced ginger
4 tbsp minced garlic
4 tbsp minced shallots
- For the Toppings and Noodles
Some spring onions (chopped)
Eggs (1 egg per bowl)
Roasted seaweed (cut into strips for garnishing)
Sesame seeds for sprinkling
Salt to taste
Any type of low carb noodles
- Preparing the Broth
- In a pot, add cooking oil and stir fry garlic, ginger, and shallots until fragrant.
- Add miso and mix well.
- Add chicken stock, water, kombu, bonito flakes, and pork belly. The amount of water needs to be sufficient to cover the pork belly.
- Cover and bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer for about an hour or until pork belly is tender.
- Adjust taste accordingly.
- Preparing the Toppings and Noodles
- In a pot, add eggs and water. Bring to boil and cook for 6 minutes to get a semi-soft yolk.
- Once the pork belly is tender, remove, strain the broth, and set aside.
- Cut pork belly into thin slices and set aside.
- Prepare Konjac Noodles by rinsing with tap water, boil for 2 minutes, and drain.
- 10. Place noodles in a bowl. Top with pork belly, eggs, spring onions, and pour broth over.
- 11. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and garnish with roasted seaweed.
- 12. Serve hot.
Shop Konjac Noodles and Rice
MIMO Shirataki Konjac Noodles/Rice (300g)RM4.32 – RM4.89
Zero Carb Keto Noodles (Chicken Protein / Seaweed)RM8.30
Instant Keto Thai Green CurryRM18.90